Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Past Abuses And Past Bad Choices Can't Be Changed, But We Can...

As a survivor of childhood sexual abuse (by multiple males at different times ), and as a survivor of adulthood domestic abuse (two marriages were physically violent they were also abusive verbally and emotionally), others were verbally and emotionally abusive etc. I am also a survivor of self abuse via severe obesity that took me to at one time weighing at least 350 pounds (after a time I stopped weighing myself because I didn't want to to know how much I weighed) and I have now loss 156 pounds, (haven't weighed myself in a couple of months so will do that soon and see where I am on the scale). I am "not opposed" to others choosing surgery to help) I was/am an emotional eater so I have be careful not to gain it back and I haven't thank God ( although over the past 12 years my weight has gone up and down at the to 20 pounds mark, but no more than that, then there was a time we where homeless (for nearly 2 1/2 yrs when my children we younger) and then there was a time I drank to mask the pain of things I had gone through from childhood to adulthood including the new things I was going through. I was also married to a man who had four distinct voices other than his own and 44 names. I would like to be a counselor/public speaker/author in all of those areas, because I have been there and I survived. I have started blogs here on www.blogspot.com besides this one, they are on my weight loss and parenting and the choices we make as parents both good and bad and how those choices can and do affect our children ( trust me our good and bad choices do affect our children I know mine have both my good and bad choices. I hope someday my children will forgive me for my bad choices and begin to remember more of my good choices and that they always know that even though I failed at times that I have never stopped l loving them and wanting them in my life. I also write on Facebook about what I have gone through in hopes of  encouraging others that they too can stop living as victims and start living as survivors, that they can stop living in the past and the pain and start living through it. I have also been encouraging other survivors to blog about it because when we encourage others we also encourage ourselves so it is a win-win situation.. I am also wanting to write books and become a public speaker on those subjects should God choose to open any of those doors for me and if He doesn't then it only because He has other plans for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment