Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

EOP's (Emergency Protective Order) Are Good When They Are Enforced, Sometimes Though They Alienate And Challenge the Abuser... So Please Be Careful Even With An EPO And Watch Your Surroundings...

Sometimes I think and EPO just alienated the abuser and pushes him to see how far he/she can go before getting caught, it's like it's a challenge. My ex didn't even get arrested even when I called the police several different times when he broke the EPO (Emergency Protective Order). and I had proof. They said they had to see him near me or hurting me. I explained the EPO stated he was in violation if he contacted me even via a phone, letter, etc which he did multiple times. Nor did they arrest him the night he attacked me and took the phone from me several times while I was talking to the 911 operator. When the police did show they informed me that if they went and out to look for him and found him and if he had even one bruise on him they would come back and arrest me as well ( he had of course left long before the police arrived). I couldn't believe what I was hearing when the 911 operator heard the things he was saying to me and that he kept taking the phone and hanging up on her yet the police would arrest me as well if he had any bruises. I am not saying not to file an EPO I am saying be careful either way if you do or don't. So many of DV laws need to be changed or at the least on some amended to stop protecting the abuser.

No comments:

Post a Comment