Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Don't Let Others Make you Feel Bad About Yourself...

Do not let others words/actions make you feel bad about yourself for being in or having been in an abusive relationship/marriage. It's one thing for someone to feel frustrated and concerned about not being able to make those they love realize they need to get out of that abusive situation, but being frustrated and concerned doesn't give them the right to belittle you and make rude comments about you. People will say things such as, Well you sure can pic them can't you, or You must be stupid to You've made bad choices about men so you should never marry again. I myself have heard those as well as many more over the years and I must say it cuts like a knife through your emotions, I already know I've made bad choices in men and in staying as long as I did, that is true, however it doesn't make me stupid,nor does it mean I should spend the rest of my life alone. They mean well in their concern it's just that they just need to learn what to say and what not to say in expressing that concern. So even though we made/make bad choices be it about those in our lives or other things it doesn't mean we should be made to feel like we are unworthy of love and respect...

No comments:

Post a Comment