Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Being Alone For A Period Of Time Is Much Better Than being Abused...

Being alone for a period of time is much better than being with someone who is abusive, yet many do not look at it like that. I know that for a a fact because I have been in multiple relationships in the past that were abusive and I stayed for multiple reasons such as I didn't want to be alone, I didn't feel I deserved better I didn't feel anyone could love me, I still loved the the person for who they were when we met not who they were when they began abusing me and I thought then that I could love them enough that they'd change and not hurt me, yet it doesn't work that way. You cannot love anyone enough to make them stop abusing you. It took me from that time I was 18 until I was 47 to realize that I'd rather be alone than to be with an abuser. I find now that I am alone and not in a controlling abusive relationship/marriage that I am happier, healthier mentally and spiritually. I have also learned that should God ever choose to send someone in my life that he will enhance the happiness I already have and not be my source of happiness. I was so insecure that I was also very clingy and needy and that in itself is not healthy for anyone. We allow the abuser to continue to abuse us if we stay and we are therefore their enablers if we do not try to get away from them and stay away. It isn't our fault they are abusers so that is not what I am saying, however it is our fault if we don't try to get away and stay away so we can be safer. There are situations where the abused has left and still been hurt and/or killed.It's so sad what one person can do to another, we have to stand up for ourselves and get away. Make a plan, get s support network of others to help you get away safely. I know it's hard being a lone at first but trust me once you break free and are safe you will be so glad and you will probably ask yourself later , Why did I wait so long? There are hotlines and support groups that you can contact for help as well. I have some listed on one  of my other posts on this blog, please take time to write them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment