Pages

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Words An Abuser Uses To Keep A Hold On You

When living in domestic violence the abuser will tell you what he thinks you need/want to hear as well as things to blame you for their actions/words to include but not limited to the following, Things you want/need to hear may be, I'm sorry honey I promise it will never happen again, It was an accident, I didn't mean it, I didn't mean it that way, don't cry baby it will all be okay, I can't make it without you baby,... Now the way he/she will blame you... It's your fault, you always know how to push my buttons, I told you to stop that but no you just had to do what you wanted, what do you expect when you dress like that (even though you may be dressed for church he/she will use that), you know how mad I get yet, if you leave and I kill myself then it will be your fault because you didn't stay and try, among thousands of their things an abuser will use to try to scare and manipulate you into ... None of things are acceptable, the things you may feel you need to hear are generally lies they tell you to keep you holding on and the things they blame on you also is too keep you holding on... Do not stay out of guilt, make a safe plan without the abuser knowing what you are doing, get a support group of family/friends to help you make the safe plan. by tcc Please check out the following site for help and apps to help keep you safe and get help https://www.whengeorgiasmiled.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment